Chicagoland Helpful Links
Looking for more information on home accessibility for yourself or a loved one? Get additional support from these local associations and programs.
Chicago Area Resources
- Abilities Expo Chicago – Free yearly event for the community of people with disabilities, their families, caregivers, seniors, and healthcare professionals.
- Access Living – Nonresidential Center for Independent Living providing advocacy and resources.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association, Greater Chicago Chapter
- Barrington Area Council on Aging – Support group
- Department of Human Services – Providing integrated support and the Department of Rehabilitation Services.
- Department of Specialized Care for Children – Focused on the needs of children with disabilities.
- DuPage County Senior Services – Support group
- MOPD – City of Chicago Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities – Represents the diverse needs of Chicago’s citizens with disabilities.
- Special Needs Chicago – Provides wheelchair accessible transportation throughout Chicago and the suburbs.
- UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago – Helps people with physical and cognitive disabilities and the economically disadvantaged.
- UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago: Ramp Up – Provides ramps and interior modifications that make homes accessible to people with disabilities.