Join Accessible Systems, a Lifeway Mobility company, for one or all of the following free, 1-hour, CEU eligible* webinars.
They Are Coming Home! ...Now What?
Whether the stay at the rehab or hospital was expected or due to an emergency, homecoming is what everyone is waiting for – but it must be planned for.
- Is the home safe and easily accessible for them in the short- and long-term of recovery?
- Will they need help with transfers, bathing, and other daily activities?
Home Modifications to Overcome Stairs
Wednesday, February 22nd
2pm ET / 1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT
(Registration not yet open)
Bathroom Transfer and Safety Solutions
Wednesday, March 29th
2pm ET / 1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT
(Registration not yet open)
What Will Be Covered?
- Common questions and concerns
- Funding resources
- Solution demonstrations in a practical setting
Course Objectives - Home Modifications to Overcome Stairs:
- Identify environmental risk factors in the areas of entrances/exits and levels inside the home.
- Describe methods and tools used to increase safety when changing levels at home.
- Articulate the importance of home modifications for aging-in-place and upon hospital discharge, and their impact on lowering hospital readmission rates.
- Articulate an understanding of the importance of home rnvironmental assessments and working with a home access professional.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understading of the solution options with equipment inside and outside the home such as ramps, stairlifts, vertical/inclined platform lifts, railings and elevators.
Who Should Attend?
- Discharge planners
- Case managers
- Care managers
- Social workers
- OTs, PTs, therapy departments
- Home care providers
- Anyone interested in post discharge planning for those with limited mobility
IMPORTANT: To request a Certificate of Completion for one Continuing Education credit, an attendee must attend the entire presentation and provide a current email. Individual registration and attendance with your email address is required to be issued a Certificate.
VGM Education is an authorized CEU provider for this program and will provide a Certificate of Completion for this 1-hour course. VGM Education is an approved CEU provider for the following:
- IACET: VGM Education is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
- Nursing: CE Solutions, a Division of VGM Education, is an approved provider of continuing education or the Iowa Board of Nursing, #335.
- PT: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved physical therapy continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 216.000284.
- OT: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved occupational therapy continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 224.000164.
- SW: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved social work continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 159.001315.
- Note for SW in the State of MN: Lifeway is registered with the MN Board of Social Work as an approved CE provider (CEP #2298) and will issue MN Social Worker CEU certificates directly to those who qualify.
If your state does not accept these accreditations, we can provide a certificate of completion that you can submit to your licensing board for consideration for approval.
Meet the Presenters:
Director of Marketing
Amy is passionate about barrier-free living and universal design, and dedicated to helping people of all ages, in all stages of life. For the past 12 years, she has helped thousands of Colorado families with creative home modification designs to overcome virtually every disability, allowing individuals to remain in the comfort of home.
Amy has sat on a separate non-profit board, the Chanda Plan Foundation since 2014. Amy joined the Chanda Center for Health Board of Directors in 2019 after sitting on the foundation board for 7 years and is now the Secretary.
Director of Community Education - Northern CO, WY, UT
Lyndsey has served as the Director of Community Education for Accessible Systems since 2018. In her role, she has had the opportunity to share tips and tools with a variety of groups including senior centers, support groups, senior symposiums, and medical professionals.
With her background in both senior living and home care, she brings a well-rounded approach to aging in place with options that work for clients in all ages and stages of life.
Karli Johnson, CAPS
Director of Community Education - Colorado Springs
Karli is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist through the National Association of Home Builders and the Director of Community Education for Accessible Systems in Southern Colorado. In her role, she has had the opportunity to share home modification solutions with a variety of groups including senior centers, support groups, hospital and rehab medical professionals and caregivers. She also serves her community on the Education Committee for the Senior Resource Council and on the Leadership Committee for the Children with Disabilities Service Alliance.
Aaron is a Colorado native and has been working with accessibility equipment for more than four years. Aaron is a big fan of Colorado sports and enjoys the outdoors with his wife and 3 boys. Currently, Aaron is one of Accessible Systems’ equipment specialists, with a focus on home elevators and lift systems.
In 2012, Kailyn’s father suffered a major stroke. This experience opened her eyes to the field she knew she belonged in. She started as a rehab aide, working directly with the therapists that helped her father recover. Following that, she got her CNA license and worked hands-on specializing with the neuro-rehab population for adults and pediatrics. After years in the clinical setting, she moved into the homecare space where she gained operational experience.
Amy Finke, CAPS, CEAC
VP of Business Development
Amy has been helping clients with home safety and accessibility solutions for more than 10 years. Before joining Lifeway, she owned Sugar Hill Building & Design, which specialized in home modifications for seniors and those with special needs.
Leveraging her experience and law degree, she regularly collaborates with elder law and special needs attorneys, health care providers, clinicians, and geriatric care managers to meet the home modification needs of their clients.