They Are Coming Home! ...Now What?
Join Accessible Systems, a Lifeway Mobility company, for one or all of the following free, 1-hour, CEU eligible* webinars in our Hospital to Home series.
Whether the stay at the rehab or hospital was expected or due to an emergency, homecoming is what everyone is waiting for – but it must be planned for.
- Is the home safe and easily accessible for them in the short- and long-term of recovery?
- Will they need help with transfers, bathing, and other daily activities?
Bathroom Transfer and Safety Solutions
Wednesday, March 29th
2pm ET / 1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT
What will be covered?
- Common questions and concerns
- Funding resources
- Solution demonstrations in a practical setting
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Learn when to choose bathroom safety equipment vs. a remodel for accessibility.
- Describe methods and equipment to increase safety and prevent falls for individuals transferring in the bathroom.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the solution options for safety in the bathroom for caregivers.
- Articulate the factors that contribute to the high fall risk in a bathroom.
- Articulate an understanding of the importance of home environmental assessments and working with a home access professional.
Modifications for Home Accessibility
Wednesday, April 26th
2pm ET / 1pm CT / 12pm MT / 11am PT
(Registration not yet open)
IMPORTANT: To request a Certificate of Completion for one Continuing Education credit, an attendee must attend the entire presentation and provide a current email. Individual registration and attendance with your email address is required to be issued a Certificate.
VGM Education is an authorized CEU provider for this program and will provide a Certificate of Completion for this 1-hour course. VGM Education is an approved CEU provider for the following:
- IACET: VGM Education is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.
- Nursing: CE Solutions, a Division of VGM Education, is an approved provider of continuing education or the Iowa Board of Nursing, #335.
- PT: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved physical therapy continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 216.000284.
- OT: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved occupational therapy continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 224.000164.
- SW: CE Solutions, a division of VGM Education, is an approved social work continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 159.001315.
- Note for SW in the State of MN: Lifeway is registered with the MN Board of Social Work as an approved CE provider (CEP #2298) and will issue MN Social Worker CEU certificates directly to those who qualify.
If your state does not accept these accreditations, we can provide a certificate of completion that you can submit to your licensing board for consideration for approval.
Meet the Presenters:
Director of Marketing
Amy is passionate about barrier-free living and universal design, and dedicated to helping people of all ages, in all stages of life. For the past 12 years, she has helped thousands of Colorado families with creative home modification designs to overcome virtually every disability, allowing individuals to remain in the comfort of home.
Amy has sat on a separate non-profit board, the Chanda Plan Foundation since 2014. Amy joined the Chanda Center for Health Board of Directors in 2019 after sitting on the foundation board for 7 years and is now the Secretary.
Director of Community Education - Northern CO, WY, UT
Lyndsey has served as the Director of Community Education for Accessible Systems since 2018. In her role, she has had the opportunity to share tips and tools with a variety of groups including senior centers, support groups, senior symposiums, and medical professionals.
With her background in both senior living and home care, she brings a well-rounded approach to aging in place with options that work for clients in all ages and stages of life.
Karli Johnson, CAPS
Director of Community Education - Colorado Springs
Karli is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist through the National Association of Home Builders and the Director of Community Education for Accessible Systems in Southern Colorado. In her role, she has had the opportunity to share home modification solutions with a variety of groups including senior centers, support groups, hospital and rehab medical professionals and caregivers. She also serves her community on the Education Committee for the Senior Resource Council and on the Leadership Committee for the Children with Disabilities Service Alliance.
Aaron is a Colorado native and has been working with accessibility equipment for more than four years. Aaron is a big fan of Colorado sports and enjoys the outdoors with his wife and 3 boys. Currently, Aaron is one of Accessible Systems’ equipment specialists, with a focus on home elevators and lift systems.
In 2012, Kailyn’s father suffered a major stroke. This experience opened her eyes to the field she knew she belonged in. She started as a rehab aide, working directly with the therapists that helped her father recover. Following that, she got her CNA license and worked hands-on specializing with the neuro-rehab population for adults and pediatrics. After years in the clinical setting, she moved into the homecare space where she gained operational experience.