Local Stair Lift Showroom in Chicago Suburb - Arlington Heights, IL
Posted on by Eric Rubel
Lifeway Mobility Chicago (formerly EHLS), a local Bruno Diamond stair lift dealer, has a showroom equipped with six fully operational stair lifts. Visiting a stair lift showroom can be very helpful for:
- Anyone that may be in need of a safe solution for navigating the stairs at home
- Someone who is interested in helping a relative get up and down the stairs safely
- Simply anyone else who is interested in purchasing a stair lift for a home, church, school, or commercial building in the greater Chicago area
Seeing and/or test-riding a stair lift before purchasing it is very beneficial because it provides comfort and experience with the lift for the user. It also provides a better idea of all the features and up-close visual of what it would like at home. Below is a recent review from a customer who found his visit to the Lifeway Chicago stairlift showroom to be extremely helpful:
Lifeway Mobility Chicago Showroom Remodeled in Dec 2021
Lifeway Mobility Chicago's showroom in Arlington Heights, IL was originally opened in 2012. In December 2021, it was fully remodeled with new carpeting, freshly painted walls, canvases of recent product installs, and most importantly, newly installed accessibility solutions for customers to test out in-person:
- 2 additional stair lifts with options
- aluminum modular demo ramp
- glass panoramic residential elevator
Give us a call today @ 847.215.9490 to schedule an appointment to see our new improved showroom and try out one of the newly added products!
Where Can I Try a Stair Lift?
Lifeway Mobility Chicago's stair lift showroom is located at 210 W. Campus Drive in Arlington Heights, IL (just east of route 53). Click here for directions.
What Types of Stairlift are in the Showroom?
In Lifeway Mobility Chicago's showroom, there are six stair lifts that you can test ride. Below are the stair lift models.
4 Straight Stairlifts
- Bruno Elan
- Bruno Elan -- equipped with some of Bruno's optional upgrades -- a manual folding rail and powered folding footrest (arm switch activated) and power swivel seat.
- Bruno Elite straight stair lift
- Handicare 1100
2 Curved Stairlifts
- Bruno Elite custom curved stairlift -- with rail overrun at bottom landing and large seat
- Handicare Freecurve -- equipped with power folding rail
You can test ride as many of the lifts as you would like! The straight stairlift models have an aluminum anodized rails, which are built to fit any straight staircase. Both curved rails are custom built to fit the specs of staircases that have curves, turns, or landings, but the shape of the rails is different.
One of our stair lift experts can help you learn how to operate the lifts and find the one that best fits your needs and staircase. We can also help you decide if you need to add any options such as a power folding footrest, to ensure the most . Below are some of the most common stair lift options that we recommend to our customers:
- Power Folding Foot Rest - allows you to conveniently fold the footrest up or down with a push of a button
- Power Swivel Seat - provides a safe exit at the top landing of the stairs when limited mobility prevents the person using the lift to manually swivel the seat
- Larger Footrest - recommended to those who have trouble bending their knees or have a larger foot size
- Larger Chair - provides a more space and comfort for those that may need it
- Manual or Power Folding Rail - recommended when the rail extends into a hallway that receives a lot of foot traffic to prevent it from becoming a trip hazard
When to Visit the Lifeway Mobility Chicago Stair Lift Showroom
At this time, an appointment is required to visit our showroom. Please see hours below
Monday-Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
We ask that you please call ahead to make an appointment so that we can limit the number of people in the showroom at one time. We also want to confirm that at least one of our stair lift experts will be present to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Why Test Ride a Stair Lift?
When you invest in a stair lift, it is important to make sure that you find the one that you are most comfortable with. Pictures, videos, and facts are all very helpful, but a stair lift is a product that often needs to be seen and touched in person. When you visit our showroom, you will be able to feel what it’s actually like to ride a stair lift. You will be able to feel how a lift starts, stops, rides around curves or turns, and learn all the basic controls that enable it to go up and down a staircase.
Many of our customers visited our showroom before they purchased a stair lift. They found that being able to ride a stair lift before purchasing one allowed gave them confidence that it was the right solution for their needs. It also removed any worries of not being able to understand how it fully operates once it is installed.
Here is some more feedback from of a Glenview resident who recently visited Lifeway's showroom before deciding to purchase a stair lift:
"Your showroom in Arlington Heights sold us as my husband was able to try all the lifts available. We chose the Bruno Elite model for all of its wonderful functions".
We want you to be able to age in place and stay safe in the home you love. Giving a stair lift a test ride can help you confirm whether it is the best product for your needs and situation. A stair lift is also more affordable than moving to a single-level home or senior living community.
Schedule an Appointment
If you have any questions about our showroom or would like to schedule an appointment, please don't hesitate contact us. We hope to see you soon!
Interested in Other Accessibility Solutions?
In our showroom, we also have a traditional home elevator, wheelchair lift, bathroom safety grab bars and a ceiling lift on display. We would be happy to provide you with detailed information on any of those accessibility solutions as well.