Stair Lifts for Churches & Places of Worship
- Lifeway offers stair lifts that can be installed on a straight or curved staircase in a church or other place of worship
- A stairlift will make it safer and easier for parishioners with limited mobility to get up and down the stairs
- A church or place of worship that is accessible for all parishioners will be more welcoming and likely increase attendance
- Lifeway is the top Bruno stairlift dealer for churches and places of worship in the Greater Chicagoland Area
- Bruno Diamond Dealer – only awarded to the top 3% of Bruno stair lift dealers
- We would love to help you find the perfect stair lift model for your church or place of worship
- Lifeway proudly serves the following areas: Connecticut, Chicagoland (including northwest Indiana & southeast Wisconsin), Indianapolis, Massachusetts, Minnesota (including western Wisconsin), Rhode Island, and southern New Hampshire,
To learn more about adding a stairlift to your church or place of worship, or to schedule a no-obligation assessment, please fill out the form below or call our office at (860) 292-1111.
Benefits of Installing a Stair Lift for your Church or Place of Worship
- Cost effective solution to provide a safe and easy way for those with limited mobility to enter/exit the building, or reach main area of worship, or basement gathering area
- Reduces the risk of a fall or accident on the stairs
- Prevents parishioners from feeling unwelcome because of a staircase
- Still allows other parishioners to safely use the stairs by foot
- Quick and easy installation, with service provided after the date of installation
- Stair lifts can be installed on staircase that is straight, or one that has curved, turns, or intermediate landings.
- Our local stair lift showrooms give you the ability to see and test ride a straight or curved rail lift so that you can better determine it's the right solution for your church
Safety Features & Upgrade Options for Church Stair Lifts
Stair lifts come with many safety features to provide users with a peace of mind while using the lift. The standard safety features of the the Bruno stair lift models we offer for church and place of worship stair lift installations are listed below:
- Retractable seat belt allows users of the lift to stay secured in the seat while riding up or down the stairs
- Safety sensors built into the footrest and carriage, will stop the lift if anything is detected in it's path of travel
- Offset swivel seat allows for a safe exit away from the stairs at the top landing of the staircase
- Folding components -- seat, armrests, and footrest fold upward when the lift is not in use to allow others to use the stairs
- Remote controls for when the chair is at the bottom landing, but is needed to be used by someone at the top landing, or vice versa
There are also many upgrade options that can be added to further enhance safety and comfort for all users of the lift. A power folding rail, whether it be manual or powered, is a common option selected. Folding rails prevent the rail from becoming a trapping hazard if the staircase ends in a hallway that receives lots of foot traffic, or if it is near a doorway. Compare manual folding rails vs. power folding rails for stair lifts.
Some of the other commonly added options are a power swivel seat, larger seat pad, and power folding footrest. If you are interested in matching the upholstery of the seat to the color of the church walls or flooring, there are color options available ad an additional cost. One of our access sales consultant will be able to help you decide if an option will be needed for your stair lift.
Stair Lift Models for Straight & Curved Staircases in Churches & Places of Worship
Bruno Elite Stair Lift
The Bruno Elite features a vertical rail system and is ultra-compact, installing to within 6" of the wall. The arms, seat, and footrest fold up, creating plenty of space to walk on the stairs. The Elite has a soft-start, soft-stop creating a comfortable ride for the user.
Features include a 400-lb. weight capacity, power swivel seat option, power lifting footrest option, folding rail option, and leather upholstery.View Product
Bruno Elite Curved Stair Lift
Bruno has set the standard with award-winning, custom curved rail stairlift designs by offering a smooth ride up and down stairs and through turns…a ride unbeaten in the industry. Its powerful drive system combines a self-locking worm gear and rack-and-pinion design. This provides the safest operation and longest-lasting durability.
Features of this factory custom-built lift include a 400-lb. weight capacity, offset swivel seat and power swivel seat option, power lifting footrest option, folding rail option, and leather upholstery.View Product