Local Stair Lift Showroom in Pittsburgh Area
Posted on by Eric Rubel
Lifeway Mobility Pittsburgh / StairBusters, a Bruno Diamond Stair Lift Dealer, has a showroom in Saxonburg, Pennsylvania that is equipped with two stair lifts that are fully operational. A stair lift is one of the safest and easiest solutions for navigating the stairs for those with limited mobility.
If any of the situations below sound familiar to you, consider making a trip to our local stair lift showroom:
- The stairs are becoming too difficult to navigate because a decline in mobility, but you prefer to remain in the home rather than downsizing or moving to a senior living facility
- You know a friend or relative with limited mobility that is struggling with getting up and down the stairs at home
- You’re a caregiver that has noticed that the person you’re assisting looks anxious and unbalanced while trying to navigate the stairs at home
- Anyone that may be interested in having a stair lift installed in their home, church, school, or commercial building
Being able to see and test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it is very beneficial because it allows you to become comfortable with operating the lift. Below is a recent review from a custom who found his visit to the showroom to be extremely helpful:
Where Can I Test Ride a Stair Lift?
The address of the Lifeway Mobility Pittsburgh stairlift showroom is 1046 Ekastown Rd., Saxonburg, PA 16056. Click here for directions
Visit Our Showroom Virtually
Don't have time to visit our showroom in-person? Check out the new 360 tour of our showroom in Saxonburg, PA to get an up close look of the accessibility solutions in our showroom. We also offer virtual tours by video.
When is the Lifeway Mobility Stair Lift Showroom in Saxonburg, PA Open?
The Lifeway showroom in Saxonburg, PA is open 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. However, when planning a trip to our showroom, we ask that you please call ahead so that we can make sure to have one of our stair lift experts in the showroom ready to assist you.
We’ll be happy to help you learn the basic controls need to operate the stair lift, and will answer any questions that you may have.
Why Test Ride a Stair Lift?
There is a lot of information on stair lifts that you can gather online, whether it be stair lift informational guides, videos, and pictures. However, nothing compares to being able to see and test ride the lift before deciding that it is the best solution for you.
Taking the time to test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it can make the decision process much easier for you. It’ll provide an opportunity to feel the comfort of the seat, smoothness of the ride, and speed of the lift. It will also enable you to better determine if an upgrade option, such as a manual folding rail or powered footrest, is needed to further maximize safety and comfort.
Local customers that have visited the Lifeway Mobility Pittsburgh showroom have found it to be extremely helpful because of the comfort and experience that it provides. A visit to a showroom allows for an understanding of the lift’s basic functions and controls, which will make the use of the lift seamless, after it is installed.
We highly recommend you stop by and try one of our stair lifts out if you are just starting your research or are close to making a final decision!
Expert Tip: While it is not required, we do recommend taking a few pictures of your staircase with your smart phone before you visit our showroom. The pictures will allow our stair lift expert to get a better idea of what type of lift you’ll need, and be able to better estimate the cost of the lift that you’ll need. Measurements of the length and width of the staircase would be great too!
What Types of Stairlifts are in the Pittsburgh Area Showroom ?
In our local showroom, you can test ride one, two or all three of our stair lifts on display:
- 2 Bruno Elan Straight Stair Lifts – 300 lb. weight capacity
- One is equipped with a manual folding rail option
- Bruno Elite Straight Stair Lift – 400 lb. weight capacity
Bruno’s straight stairlift models are built with a narrow vertical rail design, which allows for installation on straight staircases that are 32” or wider. The Bruno curved rail on the other hand has a steel rail design that must be custom built to fit the curves and turns of each individual staircase.
While we don't have a custom curved rail stair lift in our local showroom in Saxonburg, PA, the functionality and controls of the curved lift are the same as the straight rail stair lifts. The main difference between the two is the rail.
Upgrade Options for Stair Lifts
There are several upgrade options for the Bruno stair lifts that are sometimes needed depending on the mobility of the person in need of a stairlift. One of the straight Bruno Elan models in our showroom is standard (without any options) and the other is equipped with a manual folding rail option. The Bruno Elite straight model that we have onsite is equipped with a power folding rail. Having both folding rail options in the showroom will allow you to compare the manual version vs the power one. This will give you a better idea of whether or not you need a folding rail for your lift.
While folding rail options are only available for Bruno straight rail lifts, there are other options that are available for both straight and curved rail configurations.
Our experts can help determine if an option is needed for you or your family member when learning more about your staircase, the lower and upper landing areas, and watching you or your relative get on and off the lift in the showroom. Below is a list of stair lift options that are most commonly added by our customers (when needed):
- Manual or Power Folding Rail -Recommended when the rail extends into a hallway that receives a lot of foot traffic to prevent it from becoming a trip hazard. It is also recommended when the lower landing of the staircase is near a doorway. Available for straight rail Bruno stairlifts only.
- Power Folding Foot Rest - Allows you to conveniently fold the footrest up or down with a push of a button. A great option if the person in need of the lift has hard time bending when sitting or standing.
- Power Swivel Seat – Perfect option if the person in need of the lift is unable to swivel the seat manually. With the power swivel seat, the seat will swivel away form the stairs automatically with a push of a button (located on armrest).
Interested in Other Accessibility Solutions Besides Stairlifts?
In our showroom in Saxonburg, we also have the following accessibility solutions that you can get an up close look at and test out:
At Lifeway Mobility, we put the needs of our clients first as we take the time to learn about each individual's mobility challenges. Our goal is to educate first, and then offer the list of solutions that can meet our customers’ needs, improve quality of life, and help in regaining independence.