Local Stair Lift Showroom in Los Angeles Area
Posted on by Eric Rubel
Gamburd / Lifeway Mobility Los Angeles, a Bruno Diamond Stair Lift Dealer, has a showroom in Pacoima, California that is equipped with multiple stairlifts, both straight and curved rails, that are fully operational. A stair lift provides a safe and easy way to navigate the stairs for those with limited mobility.
We encourage you to consider making a trip to our stair lift showroom in Pacoima if:
- The stairs are becoming too difficult to navigate at home because a decline in mobility, but you or your relative prefer to remain at home rather than moving to a senior living facility
- You’re a caregiver that has noticed that the person you’re caring for is no longer able to safely use the stairs
- You have any interest in having a stair lift installed in a residential setting or a church, or commercial building
Being able to see and test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it is very beneficial because it allows you to see how it would look in your home and enables you to gain a better feel for how the controls work. All of our customers that have visited our showroom have found it to be very helpful. In fact, one of them even mentioned it in a recent customer review:
Where Can I Test Ride a Stair Lift?
The address of the Gamburd / Lifeway Mobility Los Angeles stairlift showroom is 12405 Montague St., Pacoima, California 91331. Click here for directions
When is the Lifeway Mobility Stair Lift Showroom in Pacoima, CA Open?
Our showroom in Pacoima is open 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. We do allow walk-ins, but prefer you call to make ahead to make sure one of our stairlift experts will be there to assist you. We also offer virtual showroom visits via FaceTime!
Why Test Ride a Stair Lift?
There is a lot of information on stair lifts that you can gather online, whether it be stair lift informational guides, videos, and pictures. However, nothing compares to being able to see and test ride the lift before deciding that it is the best solution for you.
Taking the time to test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it can make the decision process much easier for you. It’ll provide an opportunity to feel the comfort of the seat, smoothness of the ride, and speed of the lift. It will also enable you to better determine if an upgrade option, such as a manual folding rail or powered footrest, is needed to further maximize safety and comfort.
Local customers that have visited the Lifeway Mobility Los Angeles showroom have found it to be extremely helpful because of the comfort and experience that it provides. We highly recommend you stop by and try one of our stair lifts out if you are just starting your research or are close to making a final decision!
Expert Tip: While it is not required, we do recommend taking a few pictures of your staircase with your smart phone before making a trip to our showroom. The pictures will allow our stair lift expert to get a better idea of what type of lift you’ll need, and be able to better estimate the cost of the lift that you’ll need. Measurements of the width and length of the staircase would be great to have as well.
What Types of Stairlifts are in the Los Angeles Showroom?
In our showroom in Pacoima, CA, we have a variety of stairlifts on display:
- 6 Straight Stairlifts
- 2 Curved Stairlifts:
Check out the Lifeway Stairlift Comparison Chart to compare some of the stair lifts above before visiting our showroom.
Lifeway Mobility's "go-to" stair lifts are Bruno's Elan and Elite (straight & curved) because of their durability, safety features and robust warranty.
Bruno’s straight stairlift models are built with a narrow vertical rail design, which allows for installation on straight staircases that are 32” or wider. The Bruno curved rail on the other hand has a steel rail design that must be custom built to fit the curves and turns of each individual staircases.
Upgrade Options for Stair Lifts
There are several upgrade options for the Bruno stair lifts that are sometimes needed depending on the mobility of the person in need of a stairlift. One of the straight Bruno Elan models in our showroom is standard (without any options) and the other is equipped with three powered options -- swivel seat, folding folding footrest and folding rail. We have these options available for customers to to test to see if they could use one or more of them to further enhance safety.
Our experts can help determine if an option is needed for you or your family member when learning more about your staircase, the lower and upper landing areas, and watching you or your relative get on and off the lift in the showroom. Below is a list of the stair lift options that are most commonly added by our customers (when needed):
- Manual or Power Folding Rail - This option is recommended when the rail extends into a hallway that receives a lot of foot traffic to prevent it from becoming a trip hazard. It is also recommended when the lower landing of the staircase is near a doorway. Available for straight rail Bruno stairlifts and the Handicare Freecurve
- Power Folding Foot Rest - A great option if the person in need of the lift has hard time bending when sitting or standing. Allows you to conveniently fold the footrest up or down with a push of a button rather than having to bend while sitting to fold it up.
- Power Swivel Seat – Perfect option if the person in need of the lift is unable to swivel the seat manually. With the power swivel seat, the seat will swivel away form the stairs automatically with a push of a button (located on armrest).
Interested in Other Accessibility Solutions Besides Stairlifts?
In our showroom in Pacoima, we also have the following accessibility solutions that you can see and/or test out:
- Savaria Infnity Residential Elevator
- Wessex Through the Floor Elevator
- Ceiling Lift
- Shower Buddy Products
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers & Grab Bars
At Lifeway Mobility, we take the time to learn about each individual's mobility challenges before recommending a product or solution. Our goal is to educate first, and then offer the recommended solution that we feel will best meet our customers’ needs, improve quality of life, and help in regaining independence.