Local Stair Lift Showroom in Hartford, Connecticut
Posted on by Eric Rubel
Lifeway Mobility, a Bruno Diamond Stair Lift Dealer, has a showroom in Hartford, Connecticut that is equipped with three stair lifts that are fully operational. If any of the situations below sound familiar to you, consider making a trip to our stair lift showroom:
- The stairs are becoming too difficult to navigate because a decline in mobility, but you prefer to remain in the home rather than downsizing or moving to a senior living facility
- You know a friend or relative with limited mobility that is struggling with getting up and down the stairs at home
- You’re a caregiver that has noticed that the person you’re assisting looks anxious and unbalanced while trying to navigate the stairs at home
- Anyone that may be interested in having a stair lift installed in their home, church, school, or commercial building
Being able to see and test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it is very beneficial because it allows you to become comfortable with operating the lift. Below is a recent review from a custom who found his visit to the showroom to be extremely helpful:
Where Can I Test Ride a Stair Lift?
The address of the Lifeway Mobility stairlift showroom in Hartford, Connecticut is 40 Weston St., Building 40 Suite A, Hartford, CT 06120. Click here for directions
When is the Lifeway Mobility Stair Lift Showroom in Hartford, CT Open?
The Lifeway showroom in Hartford is open 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. However, when planning a trip to our showroom, we ask that you please call ahead so that we can make sure to have one of our stair lift experts in the showroom ready to assist you.
We’ll be happy to help you learn the basic controls need to operate the stair lift, and will answer any questions that you may have.
Why Test Ride a Stair Lift?
There is a lot of information on stair lifts that you can gather online, whether it be stair lift informational guides, videos, and pictures. However, nothing compares to being able to see and test ride the lift before deciding that it is the best solution for you.
Taking the time to test-ride a stair lift before purchasing it can make the decision process much easier for you. It’ll provide an opportunity to feel the comfort of the seat, smoothness of the ride, and speed of the lift. It will also enable you to better determine if an upgrade option, such as a power folding rail or footrest, is needed to enhance safety and comfort. A few of the stair lift models in our showroom are equipped with some of those power options so that you can test them out.
Local customers that have visited the Lifeway Mobility Hartford showroom have found it to be extremely helpful because of the comfort and experience that it provides. A visit to a showroom allows for an understanding of the lift’s basic functions and controls, which will make the use of the lift seamless, after it is installed.
We highly recommend you stop by and try one of our stair lifts out if you are just starting your research or are close to making a final decision! Giving a stair lift a test ride can help you confirm whether or not it is the best product for you or your loved one’s needs and situation.
Expert Tip: While it is not required, we do recommend taking a few pictures of your staircase with your smart phone before visiting our showroom. The pictures will allow our stair lift expert to get a better idea of what type of lift you’ll need, and be able to better estimate the cost of the lift that you’ll need. Measurements of the length and width would be great too!
What Types of Stairlifts are in the Lifeway Hartford Showroom?
In our Hartford showroom, you can test ride one, two or all three of our stair lifts on display:
- Bruno Elan Straight Stair Lift – 300 lb. weight capacity
- Bruno Elite Straight Stair Lift – 400 lb. weight capacity
- Bruno Elite Curved Stair Lift – 400 lb. weight capacity
Bruno’s straight stairlift models are built with a narrow vertical rail design, which allows for installation on straight staircases that are 32” or wider. The Bruno curved rail on the other hand has a steel rail design that must be custom built to fit the curves and turns of each individual staircase.
You will have the opportunity to ride a Bruno straight (Elan or Elite) or curved (Elite CRE) stair lift in our local showroom. If your staircase is straight, you’ll be able to compare and contrast the ride and feel of the two different stair lift models.
Upgrade Options for Stair Lifts
The Elan straight and Elite curved models in the showroom are standard, meaning that neither one is equipped with upgrade options.The straight Elite, on the other hand, is equipped with a powered swivel seat and foot rest. This will enable you to get a better feel for how the options work and the benefits they will provide.
Both of those two power options are available on the straight and curved rail Bruno lifts. There are also a few other available options, which are listed below, that can be added to your stair lift.
Our experts can help determine if an option is needed for you or your family member when learning more about your staircase, the lower and upper landing areas, and watching you get on and off the lift in the showroom. Below are the stair lift options that are most commonly added by our customers (when needed):
- Manual or Power Folding Rail - Recommended when the rail extends into a hallway that receives a lot of foot traffic to prevent it from becoming a trip hazard. It is also recommended when the lower landing of the staircase is near a doorway.
- Power Folding Foot Rest - Allows you to conveniently fold the footrest up or down with a push of a button. A great option if the person in need of the lift has hard time bending when sitting or standing.
- Power Swivel Seat – Perfect option if the person in need of the lift is unable to swivel the seat manually. With the power swivel seat, the seat will swivel away form the stairs automatically with a push of a button (located on armrest).
We have years of knowledge and experience and look forward to helping you determine if a stair lift is right solution for you, your family member or friend.
At Lifeway, we put the needs of our clients first as we take the time to learn about how or why the stairs are no longer safe to navigate. Our goal is to educate first, and then offer the list of solutions that can meet our customers’ needs, improve quality of life, and allow for independence to be renewed.
Interested in other products that can make your home safer and easier to navigate?
In addition to stair lifts, our Hartford showroom has two walk-in tubs, a tub cut-out, modular ramp, and freestanding ceiling lift. If you are interested in any of those products, we can provide you with some information on product details and pricing, and give you as much time as you need to test them out.