Residential Elevator Doors
When choosing a home elevator from Lifeway Mobility, there are two different door options to choose from: a manual swing door and an auto-slim sliding door.
Manual Swing Doors
The standard option is a manual “swing” door that opens and closes like any other door would in your home. As a result, you will have the option of choosing a door design that matches the other doors throughout your home.
If you decide to go with an elevator from Savaria, another option to choose from is bi-folding doors. These doors are available in white metal or stainless steel and fold open when the elevator full reaches the floor destination that is selected. Below is a video that shows how these doors open and close.
Automatic Sliding Doors
The other option available is automatic sliding doors, which open and close for easy access. These add convenience and elegance to your home as well as a modern appearance to your elevator. They can be finished in powder-coated paint, stainless steel, or glass. The doors are available as a complete system, or in combination with a swing-style landing door. Residential auto sliding doors function like full-sized passenger elevator doors. To reduce safety risks, the doors are linked together when installed on both the landing and elevator car.
Automatic Sliding Door Features:
- Fully automatic doors: slide open and closed for easy access
- Landing door, cab door and sill are a narrow 4.5 inches’ deep
- Asymmetrical closure design: For space-saving installation and modern look
- Quiet and smooth operation: Two-speed operation for added convenience
- Lightweight and durable aluminum sill.
Automatic Sliding Doors Safety Features:
- Emergency battery back-up system
- Infrared detection system to retract doors before hitting an obstruction (touch free)