Aging in Place
Aging in place is about creating homes that are safe, comfortable, and secure, allowing our customers to remain as independent as possible—regardless of their abilities. Planning for these modifications and making structural changes to your home can help you continue living there as you age. Universal design can be both functional and beautiful!
Aging-In-Place Modifications Are for You If...
- You have mobility needs that keep you from really enjoying your home
- Your home is not currently as safe as it needs to be
- You would like to invite an elderly parent to live with you, but need your home modified to be accessible for them
The Importance of Working with a Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist
Because we are dedicated to helping people maintain their lifestyle in the home they love, Lifeway is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS). CAPS designation identifies businesses that have been trained to help retirees and older adults remain in their homes safely, independently, and comfortably. This program was designed by the National Association of Home Builders in collaboration with the 50+ Housing Council and the AARP.
A CAPS professional:
- Meets the housing needs of the age 50+ population
- Has been taught strategies and techniques for designing and building aesthetically pleasing, barrier-free living environments
- Identifies and/or makes home modifications or changes to help people live independently in their homes at later ages
- Finds solutions to common obstacles that make homes unsafe or uncomfortable
Creating safe, accessible homes for independent living, Lifeway is a full-service remodeling company that specializes in providing products and services that allow homeowners a means to stay in their current home that is appealing to the homeowner as well as to any and all guests.
A stair lift provides a simple and safe way to go up and down your stairs. Lifeway Mobility San Diego offers a variety of stair lift options, including straight stair lifts, outdoor stair lifts, and custom curved stair lifts—many of which can be professionally installed within just one day. Rental and used options are also available. We offer installation in San Diego County and surrounding areas and provide service after installation. Remain safe and independent in your home with a stairlift from Lifeway Mobility!View Product
For people with limited mobility, even a few steps or a high threshold can pose a dangerous risk. Suddenly the place where you’ve always felt safe seems riddled with obstacles, and a trip to the mailbox can be daunting. With the addition of a wheelchair ramp, your home can be a safe place once again.View Product
Transfer aids can dramatically reduce the number of injuries resulting from the handling of patients and residents in both institutional and home care settings.View Product