Massachusetts Serving MA & southern NH
menu Shape

Massachusetts Funding Sources

We work with a multitude of different funding sources in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, & Rhode Island, and would like to share some of those organizations and options with you. The following is a guide to resources that may be able to help you. Specific details can only be obtained by contacting the individual organization directly.

Disability-Specific Organizations for Southern New England Residents:

These organizations offer a range of resources and may or may not have resources specifically related to home modifications.

Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter
Phone: (800) 344-4467

Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England
Phone: (888) 479-1900

American Heart and Stroke Association
Phone: (781) 373-4500

Federation for Children with Special Needs
Phone: (617) 236-7210 or (800) 331-0688

For Massachusetts Residents

Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) 

Options Counselors are available at many of the ASAPs to help individuals understand and access the resources available to them. 

Visit the ASAPs website for more information.

Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) Home Modification Resources

Vocational Rehabilitation Program
The Rehabilitation Technology Department’s Adaptive Housing Program at MRC serves consumers with disabilities who are pursuing vocational/employment goals with needs for home modification.

Contact: Eugene Blumkin
Phone: (617) 204-3721 

Independent Living Center: Title VII Part B
In Massachusetts, federal money from Title VII Part B funding is made available to many of the Independent Living Centers (ILC) in Massachusetts for the purchase of equipment and services to assist people to maintain or achieve independence. For more information, please contact a regional ILC or contact MRC at (617) 204-3628.  

MASILC works to ensure that all Massachusetts residents with disabilities have access to Independent Living Services.  Call 508-620-7452 or see for more information.

Home Modification Loan Program
The Home Modification Loan Program provides low- and no-interest loans to modify the homes of elders, adults and children with disabilities. Such home modifications allow individuals with disabilities to remain in their homes and live independently in their communities. Any homeowner who has a disability or has a household member who has a disability, or rents to an individual with a disability may apply for this loan.

Contact: Susan Gillam
Phone: 1-866-500-5599

The Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program (ATLP)
The Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program (ATLP) provides low-interest loans to qualified people with disabilities and their families to purchase assistive technology devices and services that will help them lead more independent lives. If you are not financially eligible for home modifications under the HMLP, you may be able to apply to the ATLP.

Contact: Leonidas Tonevski
Phone: 1-800-244-2756 ext.428 or 431
TTY: 1-800-564-9700

Other Massachusetts Agencies with Home Modification Resources

Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
Individuals eligible for services for the Department of Developmental Services may be eligible to receive adaptive housing services through the Family Support Program. For more information contact your regional DDS office or visit

Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund (CICRF)
The Catastrophic Illness in Children Relief Fund was established by legislation in 2000 to help families bear the excessive financial burdens associated with the care of children with special health care needs and disabilities. For more information, call Division for Special Health Needs Community Support Line at 1-800-882-1435 or visit their website.

Mass Housing Home Improvement Loan Program
Mass Housing is the state's affordable housing bank. They lend money at rates below the conventional market to support affordable rental and home ownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of Massachusetts. The Home Improvement Loan Program provides funds to make general, non-luxury improvements to your property, which include necessary home modifications. For more information call (617) 854-1000 or visit

Regional Organizations with Home Modification Resources

Rebuilding Together
Rebuilding Together is a nonprofit organization, using community resources and volunteers to provide free home modifications and repairs for elders and individuals with disabilities. The following communities in Massachusetts have local Rebuilding Together chapters:

  • Boston: (617) 971-0058
  • Worcester: (413) 283-6709
  • Haverhill: (978) 469-0800

Disability-Specific Organizations for Massachusetts Residents:

Muscular Dystrophy Association

  • Greater Boston - Boston (617) 368-9155
  • Central Mass. - Westboro (508) 898-3375
  • Northeast - Beverly (978) 720-2800

United Cerebral Palsy (UCP)

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association of MA
Phone: (781) 255-8884 or (888) 287-3257

American Parkinson’s Disease Association
Phone: (617) 638-8466

Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts
Phone: (508) 475-0032 or (800) 242-0030

Travis Roy Foundation


MA Funding list at USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology

For Connecticut Residents:

Connecticut Statewide Medicaid Waivers

The following programs are available. For more information, please visit My Place CT.

  • Acquired Brain Injury Waiver
  • CT Home Care Program for Elders
  • Department of Developmental Services Waiver
  • Katie Beckett Waiver
  • Money Follows the Person Program
  • Personal Care Assistance Waiver
  • WISE Program (Mental Health Waiver)

Connecticut Area Agencies on Aging

Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut
117 Washington Ave., Suite 17, North Haven, CT 06473
Tel: (203) 785-8533    Fax: (203) 933-707                                                                                                                                                                            

North Central Area Agency on Aging
151 New Park Ave, Box 75, Hartford, CT 06106
Tel: (860) 724-6443   Fax: (860) 251-6107

Eastern Connecticut Area Agency on Aging “Senior Resources”
19 Ohio Ave., Norwich CT 06360
Tel: (860) 887-3561   Fax: (860) 886-4736

Southwestern Connecticut Agency on Aging
1000 Lafayette Blvd.  Bridgeport, CT 06604
Tel: (203) 333-9288   Fax: (203) 696-3866

Western Connecticut Area Agency on Aging
84 Progress Lane, Waterbury, CT 06705
Tel: (203) 757-5449   Fax: (203) 757-4081

Download the CT Agencies on Aging Area Map

Local & State Organizations

CT Funding list at USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology

Improve your mobility. Request a quote today!

Request a Quote
Request an Evaluation