Wheelchair Ramp Resources
Whether your needs are permanent or temporary, a ramp can provide the safe, convenient access you require. But maybe you’re worried about the installation time, cost, maintenance, or aesthetics of a home ramp. We hear you—and we’ve gathered a variety of resources to show you how a ramp can fit right in to your home.
Featured Product GuidesView All
How much does a wheelchair ramp cost?
There is not a simple answer to this question because the price of a wheelchair ramp depends on the configuration, material type, upgrade options, and other costs such as permits. The prices listed below are estimated ranges to give you a general idea how much a wheelchair ramp might cost, but our suggestion is to schedule a free in-home consultation to get an exact wheelchair ramp price for your home and needs.
- Residential aluminum wheelchair ramps: Pricing ranges between $1,000-$10,000, but can exceed $10,000 for unique configurations.
- Commercial aluminum wheelchair ramps: commercial aluminum ramps cost a bit more than residential ones, ranging between $5,000-$20,000 on average.
- Rental Wheelchair Ramp Options: Available in select locations. Contact us for more information about our wheelchair ramp rental program.
- Threshold ramps: $65-$325 range for aluminum or rubber threshold entry ramps, and mats
- Portable folding ramps: $175 - $1,000 range for aluminum or graphite fiber.
Will health insurance policies or Medicare pay for a wheelchair ramp?
Unfortunately, most health insurance policies and Medicare plans will not pay for a wheelchair ramp. A ramp can be considered as a medically necessary piece of equipment, but unfortunately, Medicare does not mark it as an item that would directly treat a medical condition.
What type of wheelchair ramp material is best?
There is not one type of material that is the "best" for ramps, but we often suggest aluminum because of the benefits that it has over wood and concrete. Aluminum wheelchair ramps are least expensive, can be installed within days, and require little-no maintenance. These types of ramps are fully customizable as well.